Sep 7, 2010

Baby Update

Last Friday we had an ultrasound to check on our little guy and make sure he wasn't having any of the issues we had with McKayla. Unfortunately, they found that his belly is measuring small which means there's asymettry and the umbilical cord fluid isn't flowing as well as it should be. I went to my doctor today and she agreed with their finidngs and thinks it's a placenta problem again (this is rare and we weren't expecting it to happen again). She is going to have me see her every week and do stress tests every week to keep an eye on the baby. We'll also do another ultrasound next week. She is allowing me to continue working for now, but I'm not allowed to do anything once I get home and if his numbers drop more then she is going to pull back on my activity more. His numbers look better than McKayla's did at this point, but it's more scary to me this time in one way becuase I'm not as naive to what is happening. There is a VERY high likelyhood that I could go as early at 36-37 weeks again so I'm just hoping we can keep this little guy in here and growing until October...but I don't know that we will. My doctor also said I went very fast last time once I began labor so if I start contracting I need to get to her ASAP. Any prayers are much appreciated and we will keep you all updated...until then I'm off to get a milkshake for my little man :-)