Aug 21, 2015

2nd day of school with an "uh oh"

The second day of school started off well and was made even better when McKayla got to the bus stop and majority of her friends also had converse sneakers on...as was said by the girls "TWINNERS!". Her bus also showed up today and on time so I went off to work knowing it would be a great day.
Around lunch time I got a call from Todd saying he was called up to school because McKayla was hurt and bled all over her shirt (insert mom fear here). Ends up, she was jumping off the monkey bars just as another little girl was kicking the kick ball...and her face/nose met the little girls foot (OUCH!). Todd checked her out/gave her a new shirt and she was all good to go (tough girl). I'm sad she got hurt, but so grateful she didn't break her nose!
Other than this mis-hap, both the kids had a great second day and we celebrated that night by going up to Snowbird to eat dinner with Todd :-)

P.S. I'm still adjusting to this all day school thing...it's honestly been a struggle for me mentally...she's still my baby girl :-)
Bright converse for the win!


I love watching them chat at the bus stop

YEY, the bus came!
Todd took Bodie for lunch before school (and no, he did not wear Todd's hat to school). I love the bonding time these two are getting with McKayla in school ;-)