Oct 19, 2015

UEA Weekend

We had a fun UEA weekend (minus one mishap when Bodie was bit by a dog...we got super lucky though and the bite wasn't too bad) and really go to enjoy some excellent family time. Although it rained every day, the weather was perfect and it's really starting to feel like fall around here. We had a staycation, went to a football game, swam, walked through the neighborhood to see the Halloween decorations, played with neighbors, made cookies and more. McKayla had her first sleepover at a friends house (I have to admit I was hesitant, but it was a really close neighbor friend and they ended up having the best time).
Checking into our hotel for a night

The two cuties helped at my work event

Hulk

This face painter was SO good

Loved getting away with my favorite kiddos

Bodie's 1st football game (sitting with his friend Chase)

Playing around after the game

We had to do some pool time before bed (this was Bodie's "cool" dive as he called it)

Snacks and a show in bed

I read my book while they fell asleep...it took about 5 minutes and they were out cold

Yummy breakfast at the hotel

And then back to the pool


Add caption

Heading home to see Dad

And then this happened...it melted my heart (apparently I had worn them out)

We went to see the witches at Gardner Village with Gigi

The kids got spooky stickers on their nails

And tried on funny glasses

Dance time

I couldn't resist getting B this sword when they told me they could burn something on it (Captain Bodie)

Halloween treats with Gigi

Baking Halloween cookies for our neighbors

Sitting by the fireplace after working in the yard all day