October 8, 2012 (BODIES BDAY!)
We had a really fun time at Bodie’s 2nd Bday
party yesterday. We went with the Pirate theme and had a great time getting the
house all decorated on Saturday night. The kids all loved playing with the
hooks and eye patches we got them and the cake was really yummy. I think Bodie
was a little confused as to why he got to open so many gifts/toys, but he sure
had a blast doing it and he loved his cake as well (especially blowing out the
candle). Every time I would ask him who the birthday boy was after that he
would blow through his lips like he was blowing out a candle and say “me, two”.
We taught him how to say he was “two” and hold up his fingers to show it.
Today, his actual bday, Todd made a special birthday
breakfast (eggs and fun shaped French toast) and I was able to leave work early
so I could spend time with Bodie. We went to a new park, on a little nature
walk, to Paradise Café for dinner (Bodie pretty much only had cookie and
chocolate milk, but he did get some salad and past in there), and watched a
movie while cuddling on the floor as a fam. Bodie was happy as could be all day
and Todd and I loved watching him run around with McKayla while we reminisced
about the past two years. Tomorrow, he’s taking m&m cookies to school to
celebrate with his class. He has grown into such a little man and each day brings
something new he has learned, says, does. He’s a very kind and easy going
little guy, but he’s also high energy and into absolutely everything like a
little boy should be. He loves wrestling with Todd, playing pretend with
McKayla, cuddling with me and his stuffed animals, sitting in McKayla’s lap,
all animals…but especially dogs, cats and monkeys, motorcycles, trucks and his
chocolate milk (which by the way is actually only a sprinkle of chocolate
powder J).
He’s talking up a storm now and using 2-3 word sentences more often. He can
take his pants/diapers off (yes, little man loves to be in his skivvies), feed
himself and go get things when we ask him to. He’s learning to ride a scooter
and is almost tall enough to ride his balance bike. He loves to read books and
melts in my arms at night when I read to him (the way he hooks his arms around
my shoulders and his hands around my neck is something I will always remember
as he gets older…I absolutely love it). He’s looking less like a toddler and
more like a little kid. He and McKayla are best friends and although he likes
to get on her nerves at times, he loves his “DeeDee” very much. I can’t imagine
loving him any more than I do and I’m so excited to see the man he becomes.
Love, love, love my Bodie man and all the kisses and hugs I get from him!!!!

