Oct 25, 2012

October 17th


October 17, 2012
Todd took last Friday off to be with the kids since I had one of my biggest work events of the year. Saturday we relaxed (SO NEEDED) and did errands. Sunday, we went over to Non’s in-laws for Chili with the fam (it felt so good to just be with family and comfort food on a fall night). My parents were there too and McKayla got the chance to show everyone her bike riding skills. Today, the kids went to the well-checks. They both did awesome and both look great. McKayla has shot up to the 50% for weight and 70% for height (37.5 lbs and 40 inches). Bodie is in the 45% for weight and 75% for height (27 lbs 4.5 oz,   35.5 inches). His heart murmur sounded normal too and the doctor said they might not even be able to hear it when he’s older (she said the  heart can change/grow with time). I confirmed (for the millionth time) that it is a totally innocent murmur and he will never experience any problems with it). McKayla was able to get the nasal spray for her flu vaccine and she took it like a champ. Poor Bodie had to get it as a shot b/c he has a stuffy nose and he had to get one other vaccine. He didn’t cry much, but he gave me the saddest look in the world and pointed at the medical stuff saying “Ouch, mommy”.  He still thanked the nurse on the way out (pretty sure he was crushing on her…and she loved it) and was super happy when he and McKayla got to pick out stickers.
Both the kids are still really enjoying their new classes at school and Bodie’s teachers comment every day (literally) how easy and happy he is. McKayla is going on another field trip tomorrow to the pumpkin patch so she’s really excited for that (I love hearing about it when she gets home!). I am happy to be done with my last busy season event (that I have to plan/run myself) and now just have to finish things up and help with my boss’ events. I’m really looking forward to some time off soon and spending more time with the kids and Todd.