October 23, 2012
This past weekend we had some fun events with friends and
family. On Saturday, the kids and I went to Tai Pan with my sister (dangerous
on the check book!) and found some cute new Halloween décor. After, we went by
Todd’s restaurant and surprised him for lunch (ran into our friends there too J). I took the kids home
from there for a nap and low and behold…neither of them would nap. SO, called
my mom and she and I took the kids out to donate some items to charity and for
some more shopping. On Sunday, we went to McKayla’s friend’s birthday party
where the kids had a great time jumping around a playhouse with their friends
and Todd and I enjoyed catching up with our friends over coffee. From there, I
took the fam home and headed to a baby shower with my mom for my friend Kirsten
(can I just say she looked radiant…just happy and beautiful). Once I got back,
we enjoyed a nice family evening at home (I had used a quick recipe for
slowcooker pot roast and it worked perfect for this busy day…gotta love
Pinterest J).
Monday, we tried out a new restaurant for dinner, Millcreek Grill and Bar. They
were a little slow and still trying to figure things out (props to the kiddos
for being incredibly patient while waiting for dinner at 6:30pm), but the food
was tasty so we’ll try it again in a few weeks when they’re more established
;-).