Nov 21, 2008

2 week diet

So McKayla is still not sleeping through the night (not even close) and we think it's due to the reflux she's had. We have tried two medications with little to no improvement....Now Mommy and McKayla are on a special diet for 2 weeks to see if she has a milk protein allergy (I really don't want to stop nursing yet). I thought, ok so I can't eat milk,cheese, ya know, the basics. Well boy was I wrong!!! I pretty much can't eat anything...really you wouldn't believe everything that has milk proteins...down to lunch meat,hot dogs,flavorings,butter,ect. It's definitely going to be a limited Thanksgiving...turkey and salad (with no vinigerette or creamy dressing...ie. just some olive oil), maybe a roll, but I guess I should be thankful for that ;-).
She's more than definitely worth it and we can only hope that it will help her eat and sleep better. She's 8 1/2 pounds now....definitely on the wee side for a 12 week old, but she's growing and she's a strong fighter!
So here's to all of you and your Thanksgiving feasts....eat a little bite for me :-). Keep your fingers crossed for McKayla too!!