Dec 30, 2009

2nd Christmas

For our second Christmas celebration we headed down to LA to see Todd's family. We left late Christmas Eve and McKayla was a great girl on her first plane ride (she was saying "Oooo" to all the runway lights). We had a blast seeing the whole family and some extended family through dinners, BBQs, beach, zoo, Neptunes Net for lunch (famous biker joint in Malibu), playing with sidewalk chalk, eating way too much candy and more. McKayla loooved playing with her cousins and she really loved playing big cousin to Teis (he's younger by about 6 months). She even got to sit at her own little table for dinner with her cousin Laelia and feeding herself her entire dinner. Todd and I really enjoyed being with the family and spending time together and with Kayla. I have to give a shout out to my hubby too for the very unexpected diamond charm bracelet ;-). The flight back was pretty good as well and McKayla even slept for about 30 minutes.


Todd and McKayla at the Santa Barbara zoo
Olivia and McKayla at the Santa Barbara zoo
I've drawn this symbol in the sand for as long as I can remember (the T & M and then I added the squared once we had McKayla)
Todd and Kayla walking on a Malibu beach

Kayla looved playing in the sand
All the cousins
McKayla and Laelia at their own big girl table
McKayla and Laelia playing w/ their new sidewalk chalk
The girls loved playing w/ Grandma & Grandpa Johnson's toys
McKayla w/ her new purse from Santa
Todd's mom helping Kayla open a gift
McKayla and Teis playing w/ new toys
McKayla's 1st plane ride