We went camping on Saturday night...here's the story. A friend of ours called and said they had left their trailer up past Kamas to camp and that we should join them...we thought that sounded fun. Todd called some other friends and we got a group to go up. We headed up Saturday morning with a slight idea of where we were going. As we headed up the canyon Todd pointed to a spot and said that's where he thought our friends with the trailer were, but he and my bro-in-law wanted to check a couple more places where they could ride their dirt bikes and 4-wheeler. So up we went...and up...and up...until suddenly there was the summit sign at 9,400 feet...I was a little worried at this point, but we headed off the road to check out one more spot. Low and behold we ran into our friends with the trailer up there and there was a camp site still available just down from them. So we set up camp. All was great and we were having fun until the bugs came...they kept getting worse and worse. We did get some 4-wheeler rides in and the guys got to go out on their dirt bikes. I even rode Todd's dirt bike for a minute (why I don't know...yes I hate that thing after he crashed on it...yes, I'm scared to even tell my parents that I rode it...but hey, McKayla and Todd were so proud of me and Todd was on the back keeping control of it). McKayla also gave us a dance show using the trailer for the bikes as her stage. After dinner I ended up taking the kids in the Tahoe and watching a movie and then we slept in there while Todd and the dog slept in the tent. The kids were pretty darn cute in their new sleeping bags and they kept them really warm. After I turned off the movie and told them it was time for bed they got a case of the giggles and I was melting watching them lie next to each other and laugh and reach for each other. The next morning the bugs were just as bad so we all ended up just packing up and leaving, but we got a call from some other friends and met them at the Cowabunga waterpark in Draper where the kids had a blast splashing in the water and going down the slides.
Cute little deer