Jan 12, 2012
Tiny Little Dancer
McKayla took her first "real" ballet/tap class last Saturday at Performing Dance Center. I don't know who was more excited to go (me or her), but it was so much fun getting her all ready in her pink tights, black leotard and tiny little ballet/tap shoes. When I was putting her hair up in a bun it took me back to all those times my mom did it for me (I can still remember the smell of the DEP gel she used). McKayla was so excited to go and she thinks it's great that her teacher has the same name as her Aunt Nonnie (Jacquelyn). She has one of her friend's in the class with her and she made some new friends too (it was so stinkin cute to see the little girls introduce themselves to each other as they waited to go in). This day was something I dreamed about since the time we found out we were having a girl and I'm so thrilled that McKayla loved it so much. She was very excited to show her new moves to Daddy, Paka and Gigi and she can't wait to go back this week.

Her first ballet bag
Off to class
Waiting to go in
Meeting new friends (she calls them her "dance friends")
Meeting Miss Jacquelyn
Role call
Waiting her turn (she's on the far right)
Circle time (she's on the left side of the circle)