How is my baby girl 5??!! I can still remember the first time I held her and the first kiss I gave her. Todd's favorite first memory is of her on the warming table where she opened her eyes and grabbed his finger (I can still remember the excitement in his voice and eyes when it happened). She has been such a strong little girl from the very beginning and she hasn't let any obstacle get in the way. She is very intuitive to people's feelings and I always get comments on how she gives people compliments and makes them smile. She is an old soul and wise beyond her years in the ways of the heart and soul. She cares deeply for those she loves and always wants to be a helper. She has her firey side too (or as I call it, her daddy side). As much as she likes to cuddle and get dressed up with me, she also loves to explore and get dirty with Todd. She and Todd have a very special bond and the way she looks up to him makes my heart smile. I hope their close relationship can always continue and she can always know that he is her protector and the man that loves her most. She is great with Bodie and although they have their moments she will always step in to take care of him, teach him and protect him. It's so sweet the way she calls him "sweetie" when she's trying to mommy him. It's funny when she gets so frustrated with him that she literally shakes.
McKayla LOVES to dance and sing and she is always willing to give a performance. There is rarely a time in the car that she doesn't sing or talk the entire trip (even hour long car rides). She is also famous for her picture poses...she even did them for her soccer pictures. She loves to learn and is excited to learn how to read this year (she loves teaching Bodie is alphabet and numbers). Her love of drawing has grown this year and it's rare the day she doesn't color something. She really likes drawing flowers and stick figures of her with someone else. She likes writing out everyone's names too. She is 40 lbs and 43 inches.
Some of her favorites right now are...
Car Game: Find a ______
Food: Mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, ice cream, watermelon, lasagne
Songs: Ariel and Jasmine
Color: Pink and purple
Outside activity: picking flowers, walks
Indoor Activity: Coloring, playing with her doll house
Chores: Making bed, help with dishes, vacuuming (she gets a dollar each week and loves saving her $)
Accessories: Purse, lipgloss, bracelets, rings, necklaces




