Feb 7, 2014

Life is Precious

Todd and I recieved a very good lesson about how precious life is this past week. I think most family/close friends know the story, but we had to race out to California unexpectedly last Friday because his Dad was very sick. We ended up staying through Thursday and it was an emotionally exhausting week. We are extremely happy and grateful that we came back with good news and it looks like although the recovery will be long, Dad is going to be ok.
Todd spent a lot of time at the hospital with Dad/Mom and I was able to visit several times. The kids were also able to visit Dad once. While home, we all just worked together to take care of the kids and house. It was a very tough week and although we wish Dad didn't have to go through what he did, there were blessings that came from it. Todd and his siblings really bonded together to take care of everything and all the kids really got to know their cousins and spend a lot of time with them (they were all exhausted by the end of the week). It wasn't like when we all get together for a vacation...it was more raw and real. I feel very grateful for the time I spent with my in-laws and the conversations we had. I loved being with my nieces/nephews and loved seeing my kids with their cousins. I feel like I was able to step back and evaluate what is really important to me and in life (we talked a lot about it on the car ride home). Family has always been important to us, but we have been reminded that life can change in an instant and we need to find more ways to see all of our family more often.
Also, a quick thank you more than words can say to all my family and our friends who supported us through this. The prayers, thoughts and love were overwelming!
The sky as we raced to California

Dinner time was pretty crazy/funny with all the kids

Playdough time



We ran down to the beach for an hour one day to just clear our minds

Cutest cousins ever

McKayla loved helping me with the babies




Todd and walked 5 of the kiddos to the donut shop



Park time

We were trying to keep the kids occupied all week...so one day I did pedicures for the girls