Aug 28, 2014

Getting ready for Kindergarten

On Monday, I went to back to school night and had the opportunity to meet McKayla's  teacher and learn more about what she'd be teaching the kids. I loved Mrs. Hillyard from the moment I met her and I could tell she REALLY cares about her students. Yesterday, McKayla and I went in for her Kindergarten assessment with her teacher. McKayla had been looking forward to meeting her teacher and having me show her where the bathrooms were (those were her only two concerns for Kindergarten). She picked out a special outfit from her new uniform stuff to meet her teacher in and went to get her a haircut before heading over (new outfit and some spa time...that's my girly girl). The meeting went really well and McKayla and Mrs. Hillyard really enjoyed their time together. The funniest part for me was watching how distracted/curious Kayla was about her classroom and the school. She walked all over at the end touching everything and looking at everything...you could see the excitment in everything she did which made me so happy. You could tell she felt like a big girl just by her mannerisms and the way she was holding her pencil. Her teacher also told her she was one of a few chosen to be the note takers for the year so that was a fun surprise. When we went to see the bathroom (they have one in their classroom, but I took her to the other one down the hall too so she knew where it was) she was even more excited...a pink tile bathroom with stalls/sinks made for people her size...what more could a kid need ;-). I'm so glad she was able to ease some nerves by going in before the first day and I know she is going to LOVE school. As a bonus she saw a friend from swim and got to meet two of the girls in her class :-).
BTW---my little girl looked SOOO grown up to me....seriously, she LOOKED like a Kindergartner...time really does go by fast.

Waiting to meet Mrs. Hillyard

Showing her teacher what she knows so far

Walking into the next stage of life

All I can say is "Wow"...she has no idea how much life lies ahead of her...I'm so excited for her

Getting her hair done...curls and sparkles of course

Special lunch for the big day


Our baby...a school girl now