Aug 26, 2016

McKayla- First day of 2nd Grade

I say it every year, but I can't believe Kayla is in 2nd grade!! She was so excited to go back to school this year and her first week has been great. She keeps telling us how much she likes her teacher and how funny she is. She is also LOVING seeing all her friends again every day. We feel so blessed to have her be excited about school and learning!!
Our back to school family dinner the night before (Kayla chose chicken alfredo and artichokes)
We made our fall bucket list during dinner
A back to school gift

New fall pjs (they got little Halloween plates from PB too)
First day of school breakfast...pancakes of course
Kayla reading a letter to Bodie, from Todd, to the kids for their first days of school
I turned around while waiting for the bus and this stinker had climbed the mailbox
Bus stop besties

We actually have boys at our bus stop this year! Bodie will officially join and ride next week
Comparing new shoes :-)
Love these two so much!! And love having the bus stop right at our driveway!
Our big 2nd grader
She was specific in wanting a "big kid" backpack this year
I also took Bodie to his Kindergarten assessment that day
And then we had a lunch date
He helped me make smore brownies for an after school treat
Everyone's back and had a great first day

That night, Kayla and I worked on her all about be poster for school