May 14, 2012

Mothers Day

Todd had to leave for work at 6:45am on Sunday, but he still made the day very special for me. I woke up to McKayla bringing a large flower balloon to me and telling me we had to go on a hunt. She took me to find a bunch of pictures of me and the kids she and Todd had put around the house. Some had candy w/ them, some pics the kids had drawn on the back, one w/ flowers, and one with a VERY sweet note from Todd. Todd had also made the kids breakfast and left a mini bottle of champagne and HUGE chocolate strawberry in the fridge for me. The kids were really good for me at church and took long enough naps that I got to finish my book and get a little nap myself. We had some of Todd's family over for dinner which was really nice and relaxing and when they left we took a family walk around the block and hung out in the yard for awhile (the weather was PERFECT). I even got to watch a "mommy" show that night with no complaints :-). I truly coudln't have asked for a better day...the little gifts the kids made and Todd's thoughtfulness meant the world to me and made it a PERFECT day. As I held the kids that night I thought back to how my mom can make me feel...how her touch or words can soothe me and bring comfort and peace. I'm incredibly honored and blessed to be able to do that for my munchkins. Being a mom is the most demanding and most rewarding thing I have ever done and there is nothing more sweet than hearing someone call me "mommy". I remember my first words to Todd after each of the kids were born was "I love you" and I could never thank him enough for giving me these wonderful kids. I pray for them every night and I thank the Lord for trusting and blessing me with something so precious. I can only hope that I can be as great a mom as my mom, mother in law and grandmas have been.