Last week was one of those that really made me stand back and reflect. The week started with Todd getting a call informing him that his assitant manager was coming down the canyon from work the night before when he slid on black ice and rolled his car 4 times. Thankfully, he was in great condition considering the severity of the accident (this does make me sick thinking about Todd and his employees coming home every night, but I know I can't think that way). A day later I found out that one of my best friend's Dad had a stroke...again, he is doing well. The next day we learned my brother-in-law's Grandma passed away and the day after that I got a call that our new little nephew was being life flighted to Primary's for a heart condition (incredibly thankful to say he had surgery and is recovering really well). On Monday, Sadie had surgery on her leg again and this time it was more invasive (the poor thing is in so much pain, but we are really hoping this helps her heal completely this time).
After taking some time to digest everything and after countless prayers, fasting, supporting and tears it really hit me that you don't have anything without your health, family and friends. You could have all the money in the world and every posession you could ever desire, but you can't buy good health or amazing family/friends. I think we all get so caught up in what everyone else says we should have, own, want, desire and we forget what really counts. I know I've hugged/kissed my babies a million times more this past week and made sure to tell them and Todd how much they mean to me every day. I can't thank the family and friends who have been so supportive through everything and my heart and prayers still go out to my family/friends who had to deal with some of life's hardest moments this past week.
I've made some new goals to try and keep myself in this frame of mind including getting back to the gym (1st early morning sesh today...woohoo), eating better, putting the phone down at night to just be with my kiddos (laundry and cleaning can wait too), telling everyone I love that I do love them and appreciate them as much as possible, being more thoughtful about my prayers and trying to just live more in the moment (these moments go by so fast and I don't want to look back and feel like I didn't live in them with my family and friends).
Love you all so very much and sending lots of love and prayers for good health and good times ;-)