I was going to get my hair done last night (i.e. chopped off...yep, chopped it) and decided to ask Todd if he'd bring McKayla over to get her hair done. She's only ever been to Cookie Cutters so she was really excited to go to the salon (her words...not mine..I tried to call it the hair place and she corrected me with "The salon Mom"). While my color processed (oops, did I just admit I'm no longer a natural light blonde ;-0) she got the full treatment. She fell in love with having her hair washed (they don't do this a the kiddie place unless you really want them to) and enjoyed watching herself in the mirror as she got her hair cut and styled. After, she was dancing around the salon flipping her hair back and forth (pretty sure I was worried she was going to give herself wiplash, but she just looked so dang cute doing it). It was so much fun having her at the salon with me that I offered to make it a real girl's night out and take her to dinner. We decided on Corner Bakery where she got the oh so yummy mac&cheese and "the biggest cookie EVER Mom". We chatted and giggled over dinner and then headed home to our boys. I must include some of her favorite sayings just so I never forget them..."For real life", "Bless you me"(when she sneezes), "So awesome". I love her more than she'll ever know and spending time with her is like having a forever best friend.
 |
| A fun change after 4 years of long, long, long |
 |
| My sassy love at dinner |