Jun 21, 2013

Ballet with Yai Yai

My sister's mother-in-law (Yai Yai as we call her) invited McKayla to the Ballet (Pinocchio) last night. McKayla also got to go on a field trip to the Tracy Avery as well so it was a big day for her. She was very excited to get all dressed up (ballerina necklace, purse, lipgloss and her "high heels" were a must) and have Yai Yai pick her up. She had the time of her life and was all smiles and excitement when she got home. Sylvia said she danced the whole time and was SO excited to meet the ballerinas after the show (her favorite was the fairy...she even got to hold her wand). I can't even explain the feeling I had when she got home....just watching her in her excitement, it was something I won't forget. I was so proud of her for being a big girl and going out on her own. The proudest moment I had was when Sylvia told me that her friends they went with couldn't stop talking about what a well behaved little girl McKayla was :-). Yai Yai of course spoiled her as well and got her some yummy treats ;-)